“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” – Buckminster Fuller
Strongly orientated towards the topic of ‘New Greening’, the Berlin-based Institute for Art and Innovation aims to be an inspiring anchor for interdisciplinary future conversations, envisioning an open-minded, regenerative world and sculpting a truthful commitment to it.
At the “New Greening Day“sessions we will welcome specialists from different fields to come together and bridge the gaps between their expertise to push forward with cultivating urgent and meaningful change towards a greener world.
We deeply believe that we can only solve the complex global problems that humanity faces today with openness, inclusiveness, and purpose-driven collaboration at the intersection of art, science and innovation. With this event, we want to explore new collaboration formats and catalyze empowering, innovative and bold interdisciplinary conversations that foster creative solutions and symbiotic actions.
Besides expert speakers, The program invites all participants to exchange knowledge and best practices in co-creation sessions after input rounds.
Let’s co-create on a global scale to achieve living in the “New Greening” world!
NEW GREENING DAY AGENDA
30 April 2021, 14:00-19:00 CET (online)
- 14:00 Opening. Can we catalyse change together towards a New Greening world?
- 14:30 Nature-culture in action – ”The Social organism as a work of art”
- 15:30 Realizing the Green New Deals
- 16:30 Camilla Plastic Ocean Plan, Exhibition Opening of Part IV
- 16:45 Make waste matter again
- 17:45 End of the line – towards circularity and a New Greening world!
- 18:45 Closing
RSVP until 29 April via Eventbrite here!
We are looking forward to welcoming the following SPEAKERS:
- Adrienna Zsakay, Founder & CEO of Circular Economy Asia
- Prof. Angelica Boehm, Filmuniversity Babelsberg
- Antonio Rohrssen, Founder and Board Member at Klimaliste Berlin, Environmental Community Organizer at Patagonia Berlin
- Bogna Jaroslawski, Artist Activist @Social Sculpture, Winner of The Social Art Award 2019
- Chantal Bilodeau, playwright, Artistic Director of Arctic Cycle, Founder of Artists & Climate Change, Co-founder of Climate Change Theatre Action
- Prof. Dr. Christa Sommerer, University of Art and Design Linz
- Conrad Dorer, German Environment Agency (UBA), Coordinator of EcoDesign Circle 4.0
- Filip Popescu M.Sc., Project Manager and Sustainability Ambassador, DigitConstruct
- Florence Iff, Artist and Photographer
- Florian Hoffmann, Co-Founder and CEO, The Do
- Dr. Friedrich Bohn, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) and Scientists4Future
- Mujidah Ajibola Oladejo, Founder, The Sustainability Hub, Nigeria
- Nicole Loeser, Board Director, Institute for Art and Innovation
- Ramon Knoester, Founding Director, Clear Rivers
Reserve your space now to add your voice, knowledge and practice to our community co-creating hopeful futures! After registration, Zoom links will be sent out to you shortly before the event.
The event is part of the program of the Social Art Award 2021; NEW GREENING, organised by the IFAI, Berlin.
Arts and culture can create inspiring imaginations and emotionally captivating interventions. Therefore, all ticket prices are donations that go directly to the socially engaged artists selected as prizewinners by this year’s Social Art Award, supporting their ongoing creative work.